Cockroach Control London
- NFix Prices
- NFree Estimate
- NNPTA & RSPH Approved
- NEmergency Service 1 Hour ETA
- N100% Guaranteed Treatment
COCKROACH PEST CONTROL SERVICES IN LONDON
If you are looking for cockroach pest control services In London then we can help. Like bed bugs, it can be notoriously hard to get rid of cockroaches. But first of all, you need to check to see if you definitely have a problem.
SIGNS OF COCKROACH INFESTATION
- Obviously, if you can see living cockroaches there is likely to be an issue. This may happen when you turn a light on at night or open a dark cupboard.
- Finding dead cockroaches also indicates there are likely to be more live cockroaches nearby.
- If you don’t see any adult cockroaches then look for oval-shaped egg cases behind furniture and in other out of the way hidden spots.
- Cockroach droppings, which look a little like black pepper are another sign to look out for.
- Is there an unaccounted for musty or oily smell too? This is another clear indicator of a need for cockroach pest control
Understanding the Cockroach
The two most common cockroaches in London are the German cockroach and the Oriental cockroach. Both are nocturnal so a daylight sighting means a possibly heavy infestation. Although the German cockroach can just about fly they both are really just fast runners.
The smell associated with cockroaches is from their pheromone they use to communicate with other cockroaches to let them know they have found a source of food.
The German Cockroach
The German cockroach is smaller at around 15mm in length and is a light to dark brown colour. The German cockroach is more invasive and is a climber with wings longer than its body.
Preferring warm buildings this cockroach has a life span of 6 to 9 months and has the fastest reproduction lifecycle growing from egg to adult in around 55 days..
The German cockroach is an omnivorous scavengers and will eat most foods. They are also known to eat soap, glue and toothpaste in the absence of other food and finally turn cannibal if nothing else is available.
These cockroaches are able to hide in very small spaces and have adapted to resist many chemical treatments.
The Oriental Cockroach
The Oriental cockroach can be up to 30mm in length, is black and has visible egg cases. The Oriental cockroach, which has wings shorter than its body, is more likely to be found in damp places such as sewers, under decaying organic matter and in drains. Although naturally living outdoors they will still invade a property.
They feed on all kinds of food including rotting waste and starchy foods. They are heavily dependent on water. Even though they have been known to survive for up to a month without food they cannot survive for more than two weeks without water.
Removing these invaders can be a challenge too as insecticides used can be washed away and rendered ineffective before new female young are born.
Although challenging, once this is understood a professional pest controller can look to eradicate your cockroach problem.
Cockroach Pest Control Services in London
If you have found signs of a cockroach infestation in your property the best way to be sure they are dealt with properly is to use cockroach pest control services. That way you can be assured of total removal and follow up afterwards.
If you want to get rid of cockroaches in the house we suggest the following course of action:
LET US Give you a free quote
COCKROACH PEST CONTROL
1. Get in touch with us using the form below. We will get back to you within 24 hours to discuss what needs to be done and explain the process to you.
2. Our professionally trained technician will then survey your property to assess the level of the problem. The technician will be looking to see where the cockroaches are getting in, where they are within the property and then consider the appropriate course of action.
3. The next step is to treat the cockroach pest problem. The approach to cockroach pest control may differ depending on the level of problem you have. By working with the natural life cycle and habits of the cockroaches the technician will come up with a plan of action. You can be reassured that the cockroach pest control service technician will treat your home using environmentally approved and safe products. Depending on the level of infestation this may be a combination of baiting, trapping and entry proofing.
4. We will provide a follow-up service to check that the process has been effective, applying a second treatment if required.
Preventation and After Care
Once you have used cockroach pest control services you want to try to avoid the problem re-occurring. The following pointers will help.
- The best advice is to be meticulously clean to ensure there is no food accessible for the cockroaches. Keep counters, floors, cookers and tabletops spotless. Clean spills immediately.
- Always remove pet food, water bowls and litter trays before nightfall so that no food is available for the roaches.
- Vacuum clean and wash floors and carpets regularly to remove dust and other detritus.
- Store all food securely in airtight containers – glass, metal and plastic are all good materials.
- Make sure your plumbing is in good shape. Dripping taps, damp sinks or small leaks provide a good water source for cockroaches.
- Keep your outdoor areas clean and tidy too. Watch out for food and other waste that could provide a food or living space. Clutter not only provides hiding and living spaces but can also allow cockroaches a chance to spread their pheromones. This indicates to other cockroaches that they have found a place to hide and breed.
- When disposing of bottles, cans and plastics rinse them out to remove further food sources.
- Make sure to cover all household waste containers including bins and compost heaps to prevent access.
Looking for Cockroach Pest Control near me?
We are here to help you…! We always provide an immediate response. Give us a call and our Cockroach Exterminator will be there and do Cockroach removal from your Loft or Kitchen.
Get in Touch Today
Get in touch with us now for a fast and friendly response.