HOW TO GET RID OF WASPS AND WASP NEST REMOVAL
Are you looking to get rid of wasps? If you have found a wasps nest that is causing you problems then your best course of action is to get a wasp exterminator. The wasp exterminator is professionally trained in wasp nest removal, so you don’t have to put yourself at risk of being stung.
WHEN YOU MAY NEED A WASP EXTERMINATOR
- Even if you haven’t found a wasps nest seeing a lot of wasps regularly flying back and forth from one particular place during the spring and summer could be an indicator that there is one nearby.
- Add to that the risk of someone being badly stung and your annoying wasp problem has just got a lot worse!
- Apart from spotting regular wasp activity or finding a wasps nest you may have a problem with wasps annoying your customers, friends or family while they are trying to eat or drink outside.
The common wasp in the UK is a very distinctive insect. They are 10-15 mm in length, are bright yellow in colour with black bands.
You will start to see wasps flying around in the spring when the queens search for a site to establish a nest.
Typical nest sites include trees, cavities in buildings, underground, lofts and sheds. The queen builds a starter nest from wood pulp and saliva, from which she creates a kind of paper.
The wasps’ nest tends to be shaped like a rugby ball and is a grey colour.
The wasp nest and colony will increase in size throughout the summer until broken down just before autumn.
Wasps are likely to sting if they feel under threat or believe the nest will be attacked.
Wasps aren’t all bad. Their diet consists of other insect larvae, including flies. The problem is this their attraction to sugary foods. This is why they can be a nuisance around fruit trees, in pub gardens and at BBQs.
Wasps do not spread disease but their sting can be very painful and can also cause an allergic reaction in some people.
If you have tried to get rid of wasps yourself but are still having a problem then it is time to get professional help.
Get Rid of Wasps – Wasp Nest Removal in London
So you suspect that you have a wasps nest in your property or have a large number of wasps making a nuisance of themselves.
Or maybe you have found a wasps nest on your premises.
Dealing with a wasps nest yourself can be very dangerous.
We recommend that you don’t try to deal with it on your own but call us straightaway for fast wasp nest removal and management of your wasp problem.
LET US Give you a free quote
WASP NEST REMOVAL AND WASP PEST CONTROL
1. Get in touch with us using the form below. We will get back to you within 24 hours to discuss what needs to be done to get rid of the wasps and explain the process to you.
2. Our professionally trained technician will then survey your property to assess the level of the problem. If you have a wasps nest present they will apply insecticidal dust into the nest entrance. The wasps will then carry this inside and it will be spread about killing off the wasps in the nest. This normally takes about 24 hours.
3. The technician can return to check the process has been successful and then remove the remains of the nest.
Prevention and After Care
To avoid having to get rid of wasps every year consider taking the following steps.
- Wasps don’t tend to build nests in the same place so it is unlikely that wasps will return to build a nest the following year in the same spot.
- It is difficult to know where a wasp may decide to set up a nest but the best thing to do is watch out for wasp activity early in the spring in those types of places that wasps prefer. If you start to see a few wasps regularly flying back and forth from a site it is possible a small nest is there.
- Even if you do not have a nest on your premises wasps can be a nuisance during the summer as their nests break down and they look for sources of sugar. To avoid this keep any sugary foods or drinks covered. Particularly when dining outside. If you are a business with alfresco dining consider placing wasp traps in the trees to divert them from your customers.
- If you have a garden where you grow fruit make sure to clean up any windfalls and keep your compost bins covered too.
Looking for Wasp Pest Control near me?
We are here to help you…! We always provide an immediate response. Give us a call and our Wasp Exterminator will be there and do Wasp removal from your Loft or Kitchen.