LOOKING FOR A BED BUGS EXTERMINATOR IN LONDON?
More people are having to look for bed bugs exterminators in London as bed bugs infestation becomes a more common problem. The increase in bed bugs in London is likely to be due to increased travel. Another way bed bugs are spread is through second-hand furniture.
It can be very hard to get rid of bed bugs once they have taken up residence in your home or premises. You may not be aware of a problem until you discover bed bug bites on you or your family. And once bed bugs take up residence in your bedroom they can ruin the quality of your sleep and cause discomfort from the bites. Some people may even develop an allergic reaction.
SIGNS OF A BED BUG INFESTATION
- Unlike flea bites, which are normally spread about across a part of your body, bed bug bites are often grouped together like a nettle sting or rash. You may find a line of bites on your body. Often these will have a swelling but no visible bite mark. These are more likely to be where your skin is not covered.
- Finding dead bed bugs, bed bug skins, shells or exoskeletons.
- Seeing a live bed bug crawling around your bed or other upholstered furniture. They may even hide under torn wallpaper or the carpet.
- You may see small brown stains on your sheets, mattress or your bedding.
- If you can smell a pungent sweet odour it is possible you have a heavy infestation.
Bed Bug Facts
Bed bugs are a parasitic insect that, unlike fleas, spend little time on their host. Bed bugs are small, brown or reddish-brown oval-shaped insects about the size of an apple seed. They have flat bodies and strong legs. They normally come out at night.
They tend to hide in groups, in cracks and crevices near to the host they are feeding on. They suck blood from the host and normally feed every 5 to 7 days. Bed bugs can survive for a year without food.
Bed bugs go through 6 stages in their life, with the final stage being adult maturity. As they grow they shed their outer exoskeleton. The newly hatched nymphs are very small and translucent. The adults move in a way similar to ants and when crushed give off a bad smell.
Bed bugs, like fleas are attracted by carbon dioxide. They are also drawn to the warmth emitted by a host and by certain chemicals. They tend to hide from the light.
Bed bugs do not survive with heat and sunlight.
If you want to get rid of bed bugs for good get professional help from a bed bug pest control service. Rapidkill Pest Control provides excellent bed bug pest control in London, wherever you are.
Before Bed Bug Pest Control Treatment
If you want to get rid of bed bugs in your house you need to take the following bed bug treatment steps:
- Firstly, you must wash all your bedding, clothing or furnishings in a hot wash (60 degrees) and then a hot dryer for 30 minutes. This includes items in drawers. Alternatively, put items into sealed plastic bags in the freezer overnight, which will also kill the bed bugs. Bear in mind that bed bugs can hide anywhere so be very thorough. Posters, DVD cases, shoes all can provide hiding places for these insects. Do not take your items off the property as that can just spread the problem elsewhere.
- Vacuum the whole room including both sides of the mattress. Use the nozzle attachment to get into any nooks and crannies that the bed bugs could be hiding in.
- If possible, take the furniture outside to allow the hot sun to kill the bed bugs. Once this is done you can seal your mattress and box spring base inside special zip-lock plastic bags designed for this. This will need to stay on for a year to allow any remaining bugs to starve.
BED BUG TREATMENT
- The next steps to get rid of bed bugs is to get in touch with us using the form below. We can also go through the preparation steps with you to make sure you have completed them. We will get back to you within 24 hours to discuss the fumigation process to get rid of the bed bugs for good.
- Our professionally trained technician will then survey your property to assess the level of the problem and treat it by a possible combination of fumigation, heat treatment or dusting using environmentally approved products.
- To ensure effective treatment try to keep the room warm and dry. Do not vacuum for a minimum of two weeks or longer if the room is not hot and dry. All created surfaces including walls must not be washed for at least two months.
- Although you must avoid bare skin contact with the wet insecticide once dry it is recommended that you sleep in the room again. This is to encourage the bed bugs to come out and come into contact with the insecticide. You may see some bugs for a couple of weeks after treatment but if you see them after this period a second treatment may be necessary.
- Finally, do not add any other untreated furniture to the room until you are sure the problem has been cleared.
- If you want us to come out after treatment we also provide a follow-up service to check that the process has been effective.
LET US Give you a free quote
Prevention and After Care
- If you travel a lot watch out for hitchhiking bed bugs in your luggage and clothes. Even staying in hotels in London could allow you to pick up one bed bug and bring it home.
- When you come home from a stay away you can follow the steps with your clothes as outlined above. That means a hot wash and tumble dry or put in sealed bags in the freezer. And don’t forget to check your suitcase itself!
- Also, be careful when buying second-hand clothes or furniture too.
Looking for Bedbug Pest Control near me?
We are here to help you…! We always provide an immediate response. Give us a call and our Bedbug Exterminator will be there and do Bed bug removal from your Loft or Kitchen.
Get in Touch Today
Get in touch with us now for a fast and friendly response or call 0208 001 0218
(C) 2020 Rapidkill Pest Control