Rat Control London
- NFix Prices
- NFree Estimate
- NNPTA & RSPH Approved
- NEmergency Service 1 Hour ETA
- N100% Guaranteed Treatment
Worried you have a Rat? To get rid of rats you need to use a professional Rat Exterminator?. Call 0208 001 0218 To confirm if it is a rat infestation, rather than mice in your premises check for the following signs:
SIGNS OF A RAT INFESTATION
- Gnaw marks – As with a mice infestation, you find gnaw marks around the home. Things to look for are gnawed or even ripped food packaging, cardboard, clothing, plastic and wooden items and newspapers or magazines. They will chew anything including wires and pipework.
- Rat’s Droppings – You spot fresh dark brown longish droppings about the size of rice grains where the rats have been. This can be both indoors and outdoors as rats are known to nest under garden sheds and near compost bins too.
- Tracks – You see signs of a rat infestation are tracks and tail marks through dust such as in an attic. Also, look out for greasy marks where they pass through spaces frequently.
- Pet cats and dogs may become excitable or show an interest in places where the rats are nesting or frequenting.
- Rat Holes – Rats create holes and burrows often next to solid structures. Decking, sheds, outhouses, compost bins and drains are all likely places.
- Rats Nest – Rats will tend to nest in between walls, in attics, boxed in places and anywhere they get reasonably easy access to food, shelter and water.
- Smell – Rats will create a strong ammonia smell from their urine. If a rat dies you will notice a very unpleasant smell as the body decomposes.
- Noise – As rats are nocturnal you may also hear them moving about at night. Sounds to listen out for are them scrabbling or scratching. The sounds may come from under floorboards, in the attic and in partition walls or ceilings.
CALL NOW FOR FREE QUOTE 02080010218
The Common Rat
Rats have been with us for centuries and live wherever humans have settled. Although there are many species of rat, the black rat and brown rat are the two main rat pests in the UK. The black rat is believed to have been brought over to the UK from around the first century AD. The brown rat, which is more adapted to cooler climes and larger than the black rat is now more common. However, both still exist in London.
Rats are much larger than mice, with brown rats being up to 28cm long and a tail slightly shorter.
Rats make great climbers and are very intelligent. They also have an acute sense of hearing and smell. They can jump and squeeze their bodies through small spaces due to their physiology. This means rats can get under doors if the gap is big enough.
Being rodents, they need to continuously gnaw to keep their teeth size down. Apart from the damage to your property and food they can also spread bacteria and disease as they move around. Another risk is fire and flooding due to their persistent chewing.
Rats are omnivorous although cereals form the main part of their diet. They also need access to water.
The brown rat’s gestation period is 21 days and a single rat can have up to 14 young. One rat can produce 5 litters a year.
Once you have a rat infestation it can be very challenging to remove them.
Rat Pest Control Services in London
LET US Give you a free quote
RAT PEST CONTROL
1. Get in touch with us using the form below. We will get back to you within 24 hours to discuss the next steps.
2. Our professionally trained rat catcher will then survey your property to assess the level of the problem. The technician will be looking to see how the rats are getting in, where they are within the property and then consider the appropriate course of action.
3. The next step is treatment. The rat pest controller will treat your home using environmentally approved and safe products. Depending on the level of infestation this may be a combination of baiting, trapping and entry proofing.
4. If you want us to come out after treatment we also provide a follow-up service to check that the process has been effective.
Rat Preventation and After Care
- To help you prevent a re-occurrence our technician will ensure that any entry points are sealed.
- We advise you to keep all food in suitable rat-proof storage containers and any spills are cleaned up immediately.
- Keep your garden and shed clean and tidy and remove debris that rats could use as a nesting site.
- Make sure to cover all household waste containers including bins and compost heaps to prevent access.
- Look for potential gaps under solid structures where rats will burrow and make their nests. Consider using drain guards and solid materials that rats cannot chew or dig through.
Looking for Rat Pest Control near me?
We are here to help you…! We always provide an immediate response. Give us a call and our Rat Exterminator will be there and do Rat removal from your Loft or Kitchen.
Get in Touch Today
Get in touch with us now for a fast and friendly response or call 0208 001 0218